It is Chicken Soup for the Soul day today! As those of us mosey through our various sicknesses, I thought it would be a good idea to give some tips to make you feel more content!
- This first site gave ten tips, but my favorites were completing an activity you may have been procrastinating. Two others included dancing and singing, but in my present flu-like condition, I think it is best to avoid those activities and take a nap instead. Which brings me to the thought of why are naps not listed as a tip to make you feel better?
- This next site had eight equally great tips including facing a fear and walking. I think it is always a good idea to clear your head by walking outside.
- This last site may have had some of the best tips in their ten step list. My favorite? Making sure you are eating right is definitely an important detail. If you are not eating right, how can you feel right? Am I right?
So as you head into the colder time of year, just take a few steps toward bringing yourself some happiness and completing some goals you may have wanted to do. Now is the right time!
No matter where we are in the world, we have to be aware of our surroundings. The harsh reality is that even sometimes in the comfort of our own homes, or when we are with our friends having a good time, sexual assault situations can occur in a blink of an eye.
But how can we address the issue in different environments? It can get kind of tricky if you are away from home and something awful happens to you or someone you know. The people that you thought you can turn to in this kind of situation may be hundreds of thousands of miles away and you can’t reach them as quickly as you could if you were in the same state.
Attacks can occur at any time, and although it would be horrible if someone were a victim of sexual assault, it would be even worse if they were in a place that they were not familiar with. We need to be prepared for these type of situations and talk about ways to address issues that could happen.
- Make sure that you are aware of your surroundings at all times. Never put yourself in a position were you are feeling vulnerable. You are in control.
- Trust those you’re hanging out with enough to enjoy yourself. I am not saying that you need to have your guard up 100 percent of the time. What I am saying is go out with people that you have fun with but people that also will not let you get into shady situations. They should have your back!
- Above all, have a good judgment of the environment you’re in. I know that bad things can happen when you least expect it but if you have a bad vibe, obviously don’t go into the house or club or wherever it may be. Just play it safe and don’t get involved into something sketchy. It’s not worth it.
You may not be able to control everything in your life, but you can control how aware you are. Stay aware of sexual assault prevention so you can help those suffering and to learn tips of what to do in certain situations.