Holidays can be a very fun time of year, but all the buying, eating, and even parties can be stressful. I have accumulated a list of stress management tips for the upcoming holidays:
- This site explains that holiday-oriented tasks may take more time than originally planned, so it can be less stressful if you are already mentally prepared for it (i.e. shopping for the person who has everything, cooking, and/or decorating).
- Here is a site that shows how to find the silver lining even if you may associate the holiday time with grief, arguing, and/or disappointment.
- This site surprisingly noted that citrus helps your mood. Maybe a switch should be made from pumpkin to lemon meringue pie (but then again the spices in pumpkin pie might have some effect, too)!
- I totally agree with the tip to watch hilarious holiday films!
- This site states that it is always a good time to share the holiday cooking workload with whoever is coming over for dinner (Just make sure everyone knows what everyone else is bringing)!
I think almost everyone can point out good and bad memories from the holidays. Regardless of what your previous experiences were and how you feel about them now, sometimes the best way to celebrate is to reflect on the past year(s) and think of what you have or have had and not what you have lost. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!